Anyone care to read this!

ameer armaly ameer at charter.net
Wed Apr 21 18:32:44 EDT 2004

I agree.  For instance, someone might just want their system setup  to a
general standard, and they'd configure it later if they needed to.  Then,
they don't have to do all the configuration, but it's left optional.
That's one of the things I see in windows; getting under the hood is
harder,  but at the same time, I can plug in a new device, let it install
and autodetect the driver, and use it.   So I guess it depends on the
person.  For me, I use linux for tinkering around and for things like
playing mp3's on my laptop, which doesn't use as much battery power as
windows, but I like jaws's interface to the web better.