Dectalk 5

Saqib Shaikh S.Shaikh at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 11:39:55 EDT 2004

Hi

Regarding your first question, GTK is not required unless you're using a
graphical app that speaks.  For example I think some of the examples use
dialogues and buttons so this is why GTK is required.  ON the other hand if
you use the provided "Say" example, or Emacspeak, etc, you won't need GTK.

To answer your second question; they are both the same.  RT stands for run
time, which means it is a binary meant for end users.

Saqib