Dectalk 5

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Wed Apr 21 09:16:50 EDT 2004

Yes to both questions. The Dectalk software synthesizer can be used in any flavor of Linux, either in a text console or graphical environment, so long as there is software written which supports it. More and more is being made available, and some people, including myself, are able to use both the console and Gnome exclusively with software speech. Really beats having to carr a Braille Lite and a long serial cable weighed down with adapters.