Anyone care to read this!

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 20 12:12:55 EDT 2004

David Poehlman writes:
Not quite, David. It is not Linux fault if the vendor of some particular device refuses to disclose how it works. This happens quite a lot, actually. So, don't blame Linux.

As it happens, Linux is outstanding at plug and play if you give it something that it knows about.

The suspicious, so-called "facts," in this article are the ones that were omitted--what device? I don't recall he ever said. He just said it didn't work. Well, magical expectations are quite inappropriate.

But the strategy is very familiar, sow Fear Uncertainty and Doubt among potential users.

We can expect much more of this. It's in certain company's interest to plant such nonsense.