Upgrading debian 2.2

Jared Stofflett jared-stofflett at twmi.rr.com
Tue Apr 13 23:09:06 EDT 2004

Same  thing says nothing was upgraded.

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca [mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca]
On Behalf Of Cheryl Homiak
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 10:58 PM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Re: Upgrading debian 2.2

Even safer:
apt-get -f -u dist-upgrade

-f fix-broken
-u show-upgraded This lists everything that's going to be upgraded.
It's possible you may want, after changing your /etc/apt/sources.list, to do
apt-get install apt first; once or twice I've known things to get stuck
because apt wasn't upgraded and didn't handle the packages correctly; that
may not be a problem but it probably won't hurt; probably when you do this
other packages will get upgraded along with apt.
Also, if you do the upgrade and there are still a significant number of
packages not upgraded, don't panic; just run the upgrade again. It may be
that some packages weren't to be upgraded until the basic upgrade was done;
I don't know for sure, but this has happened to me.
Hope this helps and isn't confusing.

--
Cheryl