Upgrading debian 2.2

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Apr 13 22:58:01 EDT 2004

Even safer:
apt-get -f -u dist-upgrade

-f fix-broken
-u show-upgraded This lists everything that's going to be upgraded.
It's possible you may want, after changing your /etc/apt/sources.list, to
do
apt-get install apt
first; once or twice I've known things to get stuck because apt wasn't
upgraded and didn't handle the packages correctly; that may not be a
problem but it probably won't hurt; probably when you do this other
packages will get upgraded along with apt.
Also, if you do the upgrade and there are still a significant number of
packages not upgraded, don't panic; just run the upgrade again. It may be
that some packages weren't to be upgraded until the basic upgrade was done;
I don't know for sure, but this has happened to me.
Hope this helps and isn't confusing.

--
Cheryl