FreedomBox ot?

Matt Campbell mattc at freedombox.cc
Sat Apr 10 22:23:50 EDT 2004

Processor speed does matter, but I'd expect FreedomBox for Linux to work
much better than this on a 500 MHz processor.  A few weeks ago I ran it
on an old IBM Aptiva with a 266 MHz K6 processor and 64 MB of RAM, and
it ran much better than what you describe.

Are any other sounds distorted, or is it just DECtalk?  For example, is
the "welcome to the FreedomBox Network" sound distorted?

Also, it appears from a message you posted later that you're running a
2.6 kernel.  I assume then that you're usind the snd-emu10k1 ALSA
driver; is this correct?  Has anyone run FreedomBox under a 2.6 kernel
with better results?  Finally, this shouldn't matter much, but what
distribution are you running?

Matt