imcom or centericq?

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Fri Apr 9 01:34:32 EDT 2004

>Hi all,
>Once I get my Linux box on line, I was wondering which would be the better alternative for instant messaging, center icq or imcom.

Without question imcom! It supports the msn protocol and all of
the other messaging protocols through jabber's gateways and the
interface is very good. Centericq is somewhat awkward by comparison
in my opinion. You only need Python and expat installed for imcom to
work. Readline is also required but you probably already have that
but install the -dev package for readline if you are going to build
imcom from source.