speak freely via a router

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Wed Apr 7 16:49:55 EDT 2004

>Ah.   Well, it turns out that the only  way I could have access to the
>internet is to run my laptop through the family computer; obviously, they
>don't know the first thing about a  computer besides click this  or that,
>and won't try linux whatever I say.  Thus, this forces me to setup the
>family box as a router, and I have to run it through there.

Well that shouldn't be necessary just get an ISP	 that will
give you multiple IP addresses and then you use a hub not  a router
so that the computers and operating systems won't matter. We have a
Windows box here that is on the same cable modem as this one but the
cable company gives you up to 4 IP's  so it's not a problem.