mkinitrd

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Apr 1 14:08:02 EST 2004

The command looks correct. So, we have to ask what went wrong.

So, instead of "some kind of reference," it might be good to know exactly what reference. Use Speakup's clipboard to grab that output and paste it into an email message, please.

Also, double-check the time stamp on /boot/initrd-2.4.20-24.9spk2.img

Are you actually booting 2.4.20-24.9spk? Use uname -r to find out. Check your grub.conf and your lilo.conf as appropriate.