two more questions about gnome?

Scott Howell scott.howell at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 26 08:24:42 EDT 2003

The incredible thing is they were actually trying to do their level best to
help me out. They even took time thismorning to make sure the dns server
I'm accessing can resolve linux-speakup.org correctly. Kirk was kind enough
to give me a directory path I could get the base file for my Debian install
as the Debian site doesn't seem to have what I need. Couldn't get this
working so had Adelphia verify things were ok with their dns server. Well
they were a bit slow in getting some issues resolved, but they made an
effort and got it going. Actually although they don't directly support
LInux, they got folks who know Linux and they dont' get all bent if you
mention your using it. Ay I can't be to hard on them as their contractor
who did the install made a mess like leaving cable clipings on the floor
two feet from the trash can and tracked mud into my house which pistoff the
wife for sure. They waved all install fees which is more than I really
expected from them and they didn't even argue and were very interested in
hearing what I had to say.

Now lets see how they continue to perform.

Oh yes I was able to get things working with dhcp so now to get the base
stuff installed.

Scott