a couple of slackware questions.Re: OT: Kernel Compile And Module Dependancy Problems

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 25 00:19:55 EDT 2003

On 09/24/03  8:14 PM -0600, Joseph C. Lininger wrote:
> You should use the program workbone or some other audio CD player to play
> the CD. You do not mount audio CD's. Workbone has some problems because of
> the speakup key map, but you can use it in non-interactive mode. See the man
> page for the arguments to pass to it.

Perhapse I should do things differently, but it is not impossible to
mount an audio cd. I got the cdfs patch for my kernel, and it allows you
to mount audio cd's and use any wave player to play the tracks. I did
this because I was lazy and didn't want to open up my case and play
guess and check plugging my cdrom into my sound card. I believe you can
find the patch at cdfs.sourceforge.net, but I am not sure.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.