a couple of slackware questions.Re: OT: Kernel Compile And Module Dependancy Problems

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Wed Sep 24 22:14:39 EDT 2003

You should use the program workbone or some other audio CD player to play
the CD. You do not mount audio CD's. Workbone has some problems because of
the speakup key map, but you can use it in non-interactive mode. See the man
page for the arguments to pass to it.

As for your telnet problem, telnet is disabled by default in Slackware 9.0.
(Is it in 8.1? I can't remember.) Anyway, you willneed to uncomment the line
in inetd.conf if you want telnet access. I'd recommend instead that you use
ssh.
--
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net