error starting emacspeak under red hat 9

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Sep 24 20:05:52 EDT 2003

Well, there are ways to use emacspeak with the same synth as speakup,
but they are unsupported and what I would suggest is that you buy the
$50 dectalk runtime for linux -- that will work with emacspeak and
you can have both at once.

Now I have found personally that speakup gives good feedback and at
least with the cvs version emacspeak is not necessary, but that is a
personal choice and you should play with it and see what you like.

on Wednesday 09/24/2003 Guy Abandon.(text.tools at virgin.net) wrote

--
         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com