Off-Topic Messages and Usefulness of this List

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Fri Sep 19 10:10:05 EDT 2003

Shucks!

I thought it was called speakup because we all used the speakup package
to access Linux. But then what do I know!

Hey, I would say that this group is almost like a Linux users group of
its own, (Hey, I like that, the speakup Linux users group. "slug"), and
like a Linux users group we help each other out to the best of our
abilities. So this Linux group is on line and not associated to a
location like most, unlike other Linux groups, this group is made of
people from all over the world with the common link being "Blind people
accessing Linux". At least I think that is how Kirk has put it on the
speak up Web page..
HHMM, isn't that what the internet and email is all about? (Just a
thought!)

What I like about this list, is that it is open to the "newest of
newbie's" all the way up to some of the most experienced Linux users
around. For that matter, the group even permits cranky users like Keith
and myself to hang out. So it can't be all that bad.

Steve Dawes
Phone: (403) 268-5527
Email: SDawes at calgary.ca

NOTICE::
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.