Caller ID

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 18 16:40:15 EDT 2003

It only matters in that you're asking to communicate with it from your
computer. You need to make sure that the communication is using the same
language. Otherwise, don't expect anything sensible, e.g., you talk
French and it talks Italian equals nobody gets dinner.

Odds are the baud rate, etc., is 57600, no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop
bit. That's been standard for about 8 years. Start there.. And, what
port is it on? Do you know? If not, you'll have to go fishing for it.

PS: Here's a hint. If you have serial speech, that excludes one address.