Caller ID

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 18 16:05:28 EDT 2003

Chris, this is correct behavior from minicom--and nothing wrong with
switching consoles and killing the app, just not an elegant way to do
it.

If you get no key echo, then your default minicom settings are
incorrect. If you're a long time user of computers, the interface would
be familiar. It's a lot like the old telex program that most blind
computer users were using ten years ago.

Use Ctrl-A followed by O and then up and down arrows plus enter to get
into the menus. Your first goal should be to get the correct serial
port, baud rate, etc., for your modem device.

When you've got it correctly set:

at

enter will return 'OK'

Be sure to save the correct settings so you don't have to do this step
again.

To exit gracefully, Ctrl-a and then q for quit followed by enter on
"yes" which is the default.