Caller ID

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Sep 18 15:47:07 EDT 2003

Well, first you will probably want to do "minicom -s" to configure
your serial port where the modem is at and so on. This menu should be
hopefully self-explanatory.

When it says type ctrl-a z for help, you are at the terminal
screen. You should be able to type "at#cid1" at this point, and if all
is well, get ok back from your modem. If you don't get an ok, type
"at" followed by enter to make sure everything is configured as it
should be. If you still don't get an ok, then go back, make sure your
modem is noticed by linux and working properly, and that minicom is
configured correctly.

To exit minicom, type control+a, followed by x, followed by enter.
Hth.

Greg