I'm sorry, but I'm desperet

Léonie Watson lw at nomensa.com
Thu Sep 18 07:16:11 EDT 2003

Chris,

    If you've found the going anything like me, then trying to get at
documentation has been as problematic as trying to understand the right
methods for doing anything.

    I do agree with Greg that documentation is a good source of information
and as someone else mentioned, people do tend to skip the effort of reading
up, in the hope of getting an easy answer from an expert. But the key is
that as long as we all give it a shot, then asking for help is cool. It's
one of the things I like most about the Net... the fact that you can hook up
with a bunch of people wiser on a given subject than you are and learn from
them, as you learn yourself.

    The change from Windows to Linux is not an easy one to make however.
I've lost count of the tutorials and hotos that assume I know how to
download something and install it and that work on the basis that I even
know what a tar-ball is. It's a great OS, I'm liking it already, but the
frustration at not being able to accomplish in Linux, what would take me 30
seconds on Windows is incredible.

    Perhaps I need a "Linux for Muppets" web site? LOL.

Tink