I'm sorry, but I'm desperet

Charles Crawford ccrawford at acb.org
Thu Sep 18 07:04:03 EDT 2003

	I am kind of in agreement that Linux could be a great deal more
easy with a better command line interpreter but that ain't the case.  So
we have a choice, either stay with Windows and all of it's control over
our computing lives or take the time to learn the logic and sintax of
Linux.  Once that task is done, then it is truly an amazing operating
system that grows on you like an old friend.  I am not there in terms of
my knowledge but I really have grown to like it quite a bit and suggest
that you take the time to read the how tos and once you get familiar
with it then it will reallly do great stuff for you.

	You know there is always Windows and an albeit limited dos world
that provides freedom on it's terms of not allowing you to do lots of
stuff and I still use those systems quite a bit.  I especially like
WordPerfect 5.1 and the programs I wrote in XBVASE, but eventually Linux
will give me flexibility that I had never dreamed possible.  I will
learn how to program in languages that Linux uses and port my old stuff
here.

	OK OK, I've said enough, but just want you to know many of us
share your frustrations and are working towards what promises to be a very
worthwhile goal.

-- Charlie Crawford