Cut question

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Thu Sep 18 03:45:56 EDT 2003

Mike Keithley staggered into view and mumbled:

>Thanks, I appreciate that help and will put it in my reference folder.
>What I actually ended up doing was piping df into cut without grep.  That
>eliminated the multiple spacing so a "\ " delimiter let me pick of field
>11 (the relevant one).  Will have to get acquainted with awk.  Do you know
>of beginner documentation?

I'm glad you got it working.  Unfortunately, I do not know of any
beginner-level texts for awk/gawk, but I am sure one or more must be
available out there somewhere.  I was first introduced to awk in a
class in 1989, and I do not recall the text we used in that class.
Maybe some one else here is familiar with something more than the man
page?

Again, I am glad you got it working.  Have a _great_ day!

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
CIRCLE CIRCUMFERENCE = 2 * _pi * r