I'm sorry, but I'm desperet

Glenn Ervin at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Wed Sep 17 23:50:27 EDT 2003

Hello Greg,
Some people learn better by trial and error, as opposed to reading a manual.
You mentioned "laziness or impatient".
I must admit that I am sometimes too impatient to read a manual, but there I
must just consider this a learning style.
Where I can spend hours figuring out a program or O S, and not be
frustrated, I sometimes find it difficult to read a manual, and read through
80% of material covering common sense, and 10% of stuff I will never need,
only  to get to a small portion of help that I really need.
So when someone asks me if I read the manual, I want to ask them something
rude in return, but I don't.
I think this is one of the reasons a list like this exists.
If I am wrong, I'll be glad to leave.
Glenn.