Some impressions on Linux

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 17 19:02:10 EDT 2003

Hi again all,
I have some initial impressions about Linux that I would like TO SHARE WITH THIS LIST> I want to know if I have a basic good
knowledge of learning Linux. First, from reading documentation, Linux is an operating system where you, the user have full, 100%
control. It seems to me that even though the configuration files may be tricky to edit or understand at first, with practice and
time you will get the hang of it. It also appears to me that the first thing you should do besides setting the root password and
the user account is to use the man command a lot, and read documentation. Am I on the right track or not?