problem with usb flash drive.

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 17 15:46:41 EDT 2003

On 09/17/03  2:32 PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> First, are you sure that your drive is in fact being detected as
> /dev/sda? What does your output from dmesg say? What is at the end of
> your /var/log/messages?

Here is the relevant output from dmesg.

hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x1005/0xb113) is not claimed by any
active driver.
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
  Vendor: USB       Model: Flash Drive       Rev: 1.12
    WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
    USB Mass Storage device found at 2
    USB Mass Storage support registered.
    Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
    sda: Write Protect is off
     /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0: p1 p2 p3 p4
      I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 0
       I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 64
        I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 0
	FAT: unable to read boot sector

	I have usbmgr installed under debian which I believe is supposed
	to take care of loading and unloading modules for usb devices.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.