Extremely puzzled

Chris chris at mailvision.ath.cx
Tue Sep 16 06:39:53 EDT 2003

Shawn,

i tried also to skip that sttep and when I did, i still had the same issue.

In fact, it did me even worse without skipping it as it asked me to type 1
on an empty line to accept the key map, or 2 on an empty line to decline and
reselect.

The trouble is, that at this point in the installer, regardless if I
selected a key map or not, the speakup keys at that point stop working.
now:  I heard something about there being a newly created cursor tracking
experimental feature you could enable by hitting the star key.  I haven't
tried doing that as of yet, and really I probably should, as I wonder if
that may help matters any?  Somehow though, i tend to doubt it...

What exactly is cursor tracking anyway?

I know:  if I use jaws under windows, I should know by now what that is, and
I guess, i sort a do, but not exactly.

i wonder, if I actually need to go up to the speakup ftp site and grab the
speakup.i boot floppy and run it as a ramdisk and then use the two install
root disk floppies, instead of booting to the cd rom and then issuing the
speakup.i command line.

i wonder if i'd have better luck that way...

i have to leave the house and will be gone till about 3 to 3:30 PM eastern
today, but then I have two days to myself that I can play with it...

Also, I'd like to schedulte and find someone ahead of time, who would be
willing once i'm up and successfully running who could assist me either
remotely through ssh or maybe telnet, or could even maybe over the phone
help me, with installing my sound card's alsa drivers...  I am using an sb
live value.  Under windows, it's version 5.1 so I don't know under Linux
what version of the alsa drivers I'd need.  I guess there is only one
version, but i'm not really sure...

Thanks.

Chris.