Speakup and Emacspeak.

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 8 11:02:47 EDT 2003

On 09/08/03  3:14 PM +0100, Léonie Watson wrote:
[snip]

>     The typing echo is particularly awful. If I start to type in a
>     command in Emacspeak, I hear the first character repeated then a
>     series of "vertical bar, space, space etc." I'm nothing like
>     experienced enough to fathom any of this out and wonder if I'd be
>     better uninstalling Speakup temporarily whilst I get to grips with
>     Emacspeak?

You might try killing speakup by pressing the key just to the right of
f12 just before you start emacspeak. You can just press it again to
bring speakup back when you're not in emacspeak. Good luck.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.