Speakup and Emacspeak.

Léonie Watson lw at nomensa.com
Mon Sep 8 10:14:35 EDT 2003

All,

    Am I likely to experience problems if I use Emacspeak with Speakup
installed?

    The system is a Debian (testing) distro, with Speakup 1 and Emacspeak 17
running.

    I have yet to upgrade to more recent versions of both accessibility
technologies, but I'd like to clear up the problems I appear to be having.

    Text on the screen is often read two or three times, typing echo is more
or less unintelligible and navigation around a buffer is sketchy.

    The typing echo is particularly awful. If I start to type in a command
in Emacspeak, I hear the first character repeated then a series of "vertical
bar, space, space etc." I'm nothing like experienced enough to fathom any of
this out and wonder if I'd be better uninstalling Speakup temporarily whilst
I get to grips with Emacspeak?

    Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tink
--
Léonie Watson  |  t. +44 (0) 117 344 5012

Visit our web site today:
http://www.nomensa.com/