append to a text file

Guy Abandon. text.tools at virgin.net
Sat Sep 6 07:02:55 EDT 2003

I agree with both your main  points, though just felt pointing out the
safety issue since the question, such a basic one, was asked.
otherwise, I do:-

$ mv realfile.ext realfile.old; cat realfile.old newstuff.ext
>realfile.ext

I'm a belt and braces man as you can tell.

GA!

Since playing with that FPC, I now have a little thing for producing
lists of commands for working on material in a whole bunch of sub
directories.  I guess AWK or something could have done the same, but I
found it quicker to write in pascal I knew then learn AWK or whatever.