booting problem

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 5 06:26:59 EDT 2003

Hi
at the boot: prompt on the CD, couldn't you just use the root parameters to the kernel? Something like:
speakup.i speakup_synth=dectlk root=/dev/hdb1 ro
replacing the values for synth and root as appropriate? Or if you don't want to do that, get the speakup.i bootdisk and write it to a floppy, then use:
mount speakup_synth=dectlk root=/dev/hdb1 ro
again replacing the values as appropriate and at the boot: prompt.

HTH