OT: UPSes and Linux

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 31 15:23:46 EST 2003

Has anyone had any experience, using the Cyberpower UPSes? Particularly, I
am looking at a CPS1500AVR mottle; 950 W; with RJ45, RS232, and RJ11
interfaces.

I want this thing to talk to a Linux server group over the network, if at
all possible.  I'll use the RS232 to a single box, and have that box
inform the others, if I have to, but using the network would be cleaner,
and it could service the Windows machines via that method, as well.

I have never worked with networkable UPSes, and know nothing about Linux's
support for them, other than the fact that I have never incidentally found
any documentation on it.

Thanks

Regards,

Luke