Voice synthesizer question

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Oct 25 23:24:20 EDT 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Joseph C. Lininger wrote:

> The codes to control it are propriatary, and the
> manufacturer will not release the specs for some reason. I have no idea
> why this is, considering they are not losing money by releasing the
> specs, but they seem to think this is a good idea.

Actually, my understanding is that they want the signing of a
non-disclosure agreement before releasing the specs.  Of course, this is no
good to authors of opensource software and we should all get on their case
about it.  The fact that some people have managed to use the doubletalk LT
driver to run a tripletalk external would suggest that a lot of the codes
are the same, but Kirk also needs a box to test with and there may be
USB-specific stuff that impacts on this.  And I would guess that the
Tripletalk PC would need proper specs in order to write a driver, it being
a PCI card.

Geoff.