*****SPAM***** My apology

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Fri Oct 24 23:30:39 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:33:32PM -0400, kevin wrote:
> I used that as an ixample.  Look at it this way.  You work on redhat 9 in
> some office, and I work on a windows machine.  I want to comunicate with
> your machine, but I want to use alsa to speek rather than that cursed jaws!
> I would utelize parts of your system, access linux files and work with them.
> Now, I could telnet, but I think you see the difference.

Well, no, actually, I don't. JAWS doesn't speak. It interfaces with
(usually) Eloquence, which is a software-based speech
synthesizer. ALSA has no such synthesizer. ALSA just allows one to use
a soundcard. So are you saying you have a text-to-speech software of
some sort? No, I think you've confused the issue even further.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3    | But I will lay my burden
Email: davros at ycardz.com   | in the cradle of your grace,