new alsa-tools releases!

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Mon Oct 20 19:51:28 EDT 2003

I have been following this thread and I agree with Shaun, Scott,
and Janina about the strange interaction taking place here.

My best guess is that Kevin has not the slightest idea what
speakup is all about, and in fact may be confusing it with the
gnopernicus access package, where frames and such might
conceivably be tied to a sound package by means of some clever
tool or other.

But then, I too am only guessing in an effort to understand why
we get such cryptic and uninformative postings here.

Speakup is not like Jaws. It is NOTHING like Jaws. Frame-viewers
are totally irrelevant to speakup users. Speakup enables a Linux
kernel to make text consoles and applications with text
interfaces totally accessible in speech. Web browsers with text
modes have to deal with frames, true, but they each do so in
their own way, and that too has nothing to do with speakup.

Go check into a windows list, Kevin, or the Gnome or KDE
accessibility projects. Those venues could conceivably have an
interest in your product, if there IS one.

Chuck

 Get my public key from website, http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh