[ot] MSN Messenger: if you need it there is still hope

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Sat Oct 18 16:02:51 EDT 2003

Steve Holmes staggered into view and mumbled:
> You mention using imcom to set up the server registration.  After
> getting the imcom prompt, start up centericq.  How is this done? Do I
> have to leave imcom running in one consule while doing centericq in
> another? Do imcom and centericq need to be running at the same time?

No.  Imcom can be used to register with the gateway, as for whatever
reason, the author of Centericq hasn't as yet introduced this
functionality.  If you want to continue using Centericq you can actually
uninstall Imcom after registering the gateway.  However, you may find
that Imcom serves your particular needs better.  Really, the choice is
up to you, though the gateway can only be registered with Imcom.  Once
it is registered, you can use whatever Jabber client you like the best.
They will all see the gateway and any imported contacts on your roster.
Hope this helps.

Prince