Gnopernicus 0.7.0 included in Slackware???

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 23:31:21 EDT 2003

I would suggest re-building gnome-speech from source if you are planning
on using anything besides Festival.  One of the quirks of the Gnome-speech
library is that it builds speech support for what is installed on the
target system.  It will always build Festival support, but won't build
support for anything else unless it's actually on the system, presumably
because it links with it.  If you can get Festival working, you won't need
to re-build.  Otherwise, you can get the source and build scripts from the
Slackware site and use the script to build it, or hand-build it if you
need to pass special options to it.  You shouldn't need to mess with
Gnopernicus itself.  I've only played with it briefly, and it seems to
work somewhat, but it's still pretty early in its development.  I hope
that one of the things which will be addressed is the capability to select
speech synthesizers at runtime rather than compiling the library every
time you need to add a new synthesizer.