Moduler Speakup?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Oct 14 10:55:59 EDT 2003

Now that Speakup is module capable and can apparently be loaded via
initrd and such things, I have questions about updating speakup
without compiling the whole kernel each time.  What would be the best
way to do this? Would I do just a "make modules" and "make
modules_install" from the /usr/src/linux directory? Or would I need to
do something from inside the speakup directory of the kernel?

I could see some real potential here not having to recompile the
kernel on some slow machines I have here where kernel compiles
practically take all day to  run.
--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!