Sym Files

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Oct 14 09:52:15 EDT 2003

Take a long look at 'man ln'.  You will most likely use 'ln -s' to
link a new name to the existing target.  I always manage to reverse
the order of the two parameters so have to review it myself half the
time.  If I were gonna link newfile to the existing file, testfile, I
would enter something like:
ln -s testfile newfile
This results in a symbolic link.

HTH.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:09:12PM -0400, Rejean Proulx wrote:
> While trying to configure Mailman it gave me a choice.  Add a line to a
> configuration file or create a symlink in var/www  I'd rather create a
> symlink in /var/www, but I don't know how to create a symlink.  I think
> symlinks are a way of concatenating directories.  How do I create a symlink?
>
>  Rejean Proulx
> Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
> MSN is: rejp at rogers.com
> Ham License VA3REJ