Problem with Capital Letters with CVS Speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Oct 12 11:53:00 EDT 2003

I'm sorry. I should have described exactly what happens ...

When I type a capital H I hear:

plus 35 p h minus 35 p

If I then use Speakup's screen eview to read the previous char I hear:

50 p plus 35 p h minus 35 p

Hope that helps!

Janina Sajka writes:
> From: Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net>
>
> I'm unable to read any capital letters with a recent Speakup from CVS on
> the console. I wonder if it's related to utf8 in any way?
>
> This is Bill Acker's kernel build from this past Thursday morning for
> the current Red Hat beta, Severn 2. I'm using a stock RC Systems
> Doubletalk LT and my fonts are set:
>
> LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
> SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
> [
>
> A new release of it must have just come out.
> see http://freshmeat.net/releases/135789
> I also found directory listings for it at
> ftp.gnu.org/pub/ocrad
> and the actual packages, both 0.3 and 0.4 are there.
> There are also other sites to look at if you do a google search.
> The brief comment I read said it could be used as a standalone console
> application or as a backend to other programs.
>

> --
> Cheryl

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group