Red hat 10

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 11 17:28:16 EDT 2003

Yes, you can do a Red Hat install over telnet, but you no longer need
toi, unless you cannot boot from your cd rom. There are talking images again at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/

Darrell Shandrow writes:
> From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i at azboss.net>
>
> Hi Darragh,
>
> You can perform an installation of Red Hat using telnet.  You will need at
> least two computers (one is the target machine onto which you will be
> installing Red Hat and the other is what I will call the management
> workstation).  The management workstation will run a telnet client as well
> as a DHCP server configured to assign a single IP address which the target
> machine will pick up and use for the installation process.
>
> Please let me know if you are interested.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Darrell Shandrow - Shandrow Communications!
> Technology consultant/instructor, network/systems administrator!
> A+, CCNA, Network+!
> Check out high quality telecommunications services at http://ld.net/?nu7i
> All the best to coalition forces carrying out Operation Iraqi Freedom!

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group