Resolv.conf

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Oct 9 21:38:18 EDT 2003

If you get your ip address via dhcp, clients such as dhcpcd update
your resolv.conf, based on the nameservers supplied by your isp's dhcp
server. There is a way to turn this off, by supplying a switch to
dhcpcd, see the dhcpcd man page for details.

Also, if you have a pppoe connection to the net, I believe that
rp-pppoe changes your resolv.conf as well.

Greg