Just beginning...

Michael Ryan MichaelRyan at gov.nl.ca
Mon Oct 6 09:34:15 EDT 2003

Hello List:

I have finally got a working Red Hat 9 installation up and running and having problems in determining a couple of things.
1.  Disk Druid:  I had a grate deal of trouble creating a swap partition.  In the end, I reinstalled using the defaults.  A nice partition list would be helpful.
2.  the list of services I have running: don't know command,
3.  man -man: This command results in "what man page do you want?" instead of displaying the man pages.
4.  Starting and configuring a basic FTP server:  I'm lost on how to begin.
I hope you folks have lots of patience, <GRIN> I'm going to need a lot of help as I'm just beginning my Linux adventure.

Nice to be back on list:
Michael