apt4rpm

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Wed Oct 1 19:30:35 EDT 2003

Well ok I'm not rushing off to the world of GUI as 99% of things are fb
in console mode for me, but I have a burning desire to rid my home of
winblows xp. Of course to that end I need to learn how to use Gnome so
my wife can be ported over to Linux...um I mean moved over to using
Linux. Hmm wonder if you can have a cross-platform wife...well that's
another days topic.
Ok so apparently this apt4rpm program will let me install Gnome 2.4 from
an rpm, but I'll be darned if I can put my packets on the bugger. So
where can this thing be had or would I be better off building the dang
thing from scratch.
You know rollin' your own isn't so bad, but well that's another days
topic as well.<grin>

tia
Scott