Authentication in Sendmail

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Sun Nov 30 14:57:56 EST 2003

Hello again,
I'm trying to get sendmail to use authentication.  My SMTP server needs the same log in as the POP3.

I'm not sure if this will make any sence, but when I want to enable this in Outlook / Outlook Express in Windows, I go to the properties of the account that I want to change, go to the servers tab and check the last box labeled "This server requires authentication".  I then click advanced and check Same as Incoming.  If I don't do this I cant send mail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Darragh