Cdparanoia

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 13:28:57 EST 2003

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Patricia Logan wrote:

> Hi,Alex,
>
>      Since the subject of  cdparanoia  has come up, have you been
> able to rip an entire disk at once, burn a CD from the result and
> been able to forward and backtrack between the different tracks?
> The only way I've been able to do this, burning with  cdrecord
> is to rip each track separately and then rename it since it
> always names what is ripped as cdda.wav  My life would be so much
> easier if I could save myself all this time and effort.  I've
> tried different options in  cdparanoia and in  cdrecord  to no
> avail.

Pat,

If you take a look at the cdrecord man page, there is an example which
rtells you, in 2 easy steps, how to make a copy of an audio cd using
cdrecord.  I've used it and it seems to work fine.
It uses cdda2wav instead of cdparanoia, which is handy because it'll get
the cddb info if it cannot be gained from the disk itself.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808