Your opinions?

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun Nov 30 11:54:21 EST 2003

Hi.  Gnome is getting a lot of notice because of the over marketing of
Gnopernicus.  Gnome is just 1 desktop environment.  Since a lot of GUI
apps just are different interfaces to the same program and these
programs have a text interface, the text console isn't likely to
go away any time soon.
Part of the reason Lynx lags behind is it's developers still want it to
be able to run on everything.  That includes DOS.  Lynx has the begining
hooks for java script, but I don't believe there is a java scrip lib
available for DOS.  This means they aren't likely to have java script
support any time soon.  If someone gets java script working on Linux
that is cool, but the lynx developers won't except it because it would
be Linux specific.
Before anyone flames me, my opinion about lynx is from reading the lynx
development list for a few months.  My view about Gnopernicus is the
result of trying to use it for the last 6 months.

         Kenny