has any one install on a external drive

john john at winteam.homechoice.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 17:03:34 EST 2003

Hi my name is john

I have been reading and searching for info on how to install a linux distro
on my computer del4550.

which has a win xp install on ntfs.

I looked at the zipslack, notice  it only discuss about installing on fat32
file system.

 my only option is to install on a usb external harddrive,

during my research, I have found a belkin ide harddisk usb enclosure, which
will enable me to have a external  ide harddrive, rather  then a second
internal drive, I could use the external drive as a backup as well as linux
distro.

any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,