ethernet cards

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Nov 22 15:27:17 EST 2003

Hi all. i have a box here with 2 ethernet cards both using the 3c59x.o
module.
I tried to install slackware on this box but it seems one of these cards
was having some kind of resource conflict with ide0 bc whenever the disk
was accessed extensivly like when I created the filesystems or when
slackware started installing packages the thing would lock up. this
problem went away when I pulled the second card.
my question is how can I tell the 3c59x module which irq to use for
which card? these are both pci network cards one is a regular 3com
ethernet adapter and the other has bnc and aui connecters in adition to
the ethernet.

--
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?