lynx and openssl

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Nov 16 01:57:35 EST 2003

Hi Cheryl,

Well, I just put up beta 16 of Lynx, the cat and changed the FORC-SSL
option to YES as you did and a couple sites I went to now no longer
post those SSL errors I used to get.  So for me, it is much better
already! I guess future use may reveal more if some errors should come
up after all.  But for now, I got 'm all crushed:).  Thanks for the
informative tip.  I see that this option is quite new and wasn't
available with earlier versions.

Again, Thanks.

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:39:29PM -0600, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> To answer Steve's earlier question, one still gets ssl errors, though not
> on all ssl sites.
> I just went into my lynx.cfg and changed
> FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:
> from PROMPT to YES
> so we'll see if that stops it.
> Just an annoyance; it still works, but you have to hit enter extra times.
> Will let you know whether or not I still have this problem.
>

> --
> Cheryl

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!