Decktalk software speech for Linux

showell at lrxms.net showell at lrxms.net
Sat Nov 15 10:03:47 EST 2003

FOlks,

I had this installed on my Debian box and it worked fine, but I recently
installed Fedora which is great by the way. Question is though that
after installing the Dectalk software, I tried running the say command
and got the following message

say: error while loading shared libraries: libtts.so: cannot open shared
object
file: No such file or directory

I checked over the /etc/DECKTALK.conf file and all looks ok. I'm sure
I'm missing a step here, but not sure what that might be. Any help
appreciated.
Do I need to run something like ldconfig to update/add the libraries for
Decktalk? I would have assumed being in the config file it would know
where they live.

All the libs are in /usr/local/lib and that is referenced in the config
file.

tnx

Btw, festival actually doesn't sound so bad, but like the Decktalk
software as well.

Scott