off-toopic: paypal.com

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Nov 15 08:40:28 EST 2003

my favorite was the email from microsoft security (?) that said
something about you having to install the atached update. that was
just a waist of time since I don't open anything from microsoft
anyways. and I didn't know there was such thing as microsoft security.
On
Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:30:34PM -0600, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Yep, before when I typed the name of the file into google, I didn't get
> anything. but I found info on it when I typed in "paypal hoax" just now.
> Funny, I laughed when I saw an ebay hoax like this a few days ago; I guess
> I reacted with more attention to this one because of the problems I'd had
> with the user agreement and because I was thinking about the accessibility
> problems I've had with shopping websites recently and my first thought was
> "Oh No!" But this was obviously totally suspect.
> When the hoaxes and viruses masqueraded as warnings about windows
> viruses, it was pretty obvious; now they're getting cleverer, or at least a
> lot more diverse, with the subject lines. I guess the rule is:
> never execute any kind of attachment or hit on any url within an email
> unless you have reason to be really sure about it.
> anyway, I should have known better than to give this one a second
> glance--sorry about that!
>

> --
> Cheryl

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?